Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Writing customers

As a writer we run into a number of stupid things and stupid ideas that customwers want, that most people don't ever think about. I recently did an article for a customer who was adimant about wanting a phrase doen the exact way that they had stated they wanted it done. Now, you can't blame a customer ofr wanting that. Let's say his phrase, since this SEO writing, was "stable little control".

I wrote the item. Wrote it completely as dictated and told to me. He responded - please make sure it is Stable little Control.

What did that mean? What was the customer tryin to say? My paycheck hung in the balance of deciphering this cryptic message. I read the entire piece, said exactly what he wanted. Sudenly, i realized that "attention to detail" part of my resume and that phrase we all put in our resume....almost became a lie.

There it was, in my face....those two stupid capital letter. The "S" and the "C". That was the problem. Biut this si a small example of what we have to do. We have to look for the not so obvious, to write the obvious for customers who live and breathe what they want - yet we only see it for a mere few seconds when we write it up.

Thank-you to all of mine and all of your customers. Thank-you to customer me, and to customer you!!!

No comments: